A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Monday, June 26, 2006

Sunday...a day started with an annoying headache...probably because of a bad white wine drunk at three in the morning in a friend´s house the day before...this friend, this girl, is also a colleague of mine in the restaurant and she is the only person (together with my Italian friend) I can have a nice and real conversation with...she studies illustration or design...not sure how to say that in this language...it was a very nice evening...working with her first and then talking a lot in german: the whole with a lot of alcohol...so actually she talked much more than me...but it was one of the best evenings of the last two months...no flirt ( even if she is so beautiful)....just talks and new inputs...and I heard a lot of new German words too - which are now almost all forgotten...

While today I played table tennis, saw three quarters of two football matches - you are somehow compelled to do that here and it is fun by the way - and travelled a lot by car through the center of the city...imagine: eight o´clock in the evening, the sun still high enough to make you sweat, long streets, huge building and a lot of new streets that i had not seen yet...and then the river, and all the other small channels all around the city...if I have ever needed a further motivation to be here - I did not actually - this late afternoon was perfect...I even enjoyed the Doors at the radio in the car...really unglaublich...
But here we are: two in the morning, tired but unable to sleep...fortunately I am home since two hours ago...Hrabal waits for me...
A nice week to the whole of you, ungefähr...

No comments: