A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Early enough to be already tired

Maybe because of some astronomical interactions, maybe because the bed is too big and I definitely became too thin - where are you...... - maybe because I had slept long enough, probably because of a very annoying dream, anyway, guys, I woke up at half past six this morning...nice...but not so good when if you start sleeping after half past two...fortunately today the sun shines, the bycicles returned to be the favourite mean of transportation in here, while the WM is not started yet...
I think it was the first time since ages that I was walking in the streets so early in the morning, but not on the way home...it seems that my neighbourhood hosts many students: it is indeed almost impossible to find a nice coffee-shop open before nine ´clock in the morning...
I had a view at the menu of this place which finally opened, and I ordered the English breakfast: the worst decision ever, probably...my stomach is even more pissed since two hours ago...
But fortunately the sun conquered my body sitting on the chair, bit by bit and it finally caressed my cheeks and kissed my eyes...I read for two hours probably...
Thanks to a couple of friends I have over here, I discovered this American author, Cormac McCarthy...I would have never imagined that I could enjoy so much this kind of literature...but it happened: I read the first book by him - the last he wrote, I guess - in one night...and I am already inside the story of the second...
His harsh style, his morbid and violent descriptions of the landscape, together with his ability to fill short dialogues with stimulating ideas conquered me...and the plot of the first novel was definitely catching...The Cohen Brothers are going to make a movie out of it...I am looking forward to that...
Ill get a coke now, maybe it helps...
Have a nice day you all...tschüssi...

No comments: