A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday

Today there is the festival of cultures in the big street just behind my house (it means parades and music, beers and caipi to go ...)...it also means I woke up because of the noise of the people: the street is packed so they walk through mine for a shortcut...not such a big deal though...but I fell asleep at eight in the morning so I needed some more hours of sleep probably...and I have to work...
I escaped from the my neighbourhood, I fought in the first metro I took, over-crowded because of the festival...
But in the second one, I found my seat...It is around 5 in the afternoon...my stomach reminded me we had no food since the day before (it actually started some forms of protest since few days ago...I guess that if I do not change, he will strike for a day at least)...so I told him we were on the way to have some food...
So I was thinking about this, about the shitty day and the thoughts as usual when a girl, twenty years old probably looked at me...she had a very original way of dressing, she probably reminded me a sweet rabbit - you know the two big teeth coming out of the upper lip...and big good eyes...the metro is travelling and she gets straight my direction, she has a camera who looks like a marine rifle...she sits in front of me and asks in German: "I want to take pictures of you. I study photography and blah blah.."
I said that it was OK for me, I had no force to say no and no reason as well, probably... but the funny thing is that she said: "Please, I want you as you were two minutes before". To me it meant: "Hey, please look desperate again..."
Its been the second time somebody asked me for portraits...the first time I was in a pub and this man wanted me to shoot two self portraits...a month ago probably...this guy lives out of his job...
Seems like my sadness is a charming subject for photographers...
I wonder how the picture look like...Ill never know...but I am getting used to these ignorance about things I would like to know...

So it seems this language gap is a bigger problem than I expected...not just for me...but for some people who read the last posts...Ill think about it and Ill make up my own version soon, hopefully...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just LOVE your stories:-) Thanx!
:-)