A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I have been working with the very young children this week...What means very young? From 5 months old till two years and a half...it is fun but it is not really for me: I like to be there and to play with them, to hug them when they are scared or the cry too long, and to see how spontaneous they are and how much curious but I want to do some activity with the children and not just play with them and wash them three times a day...

Anyway the teachers are happy with me: this woman who works with this group weights probably 150 kilos...I am not joking...and it is incredible to see her taking a baby who is probably 8 kilos...Nele is 8/9 months old...she is so peaceful...not scared by me from the very first day...After the lunch I usually take her, wash her, bring her to her box-bed..she needs to be caressed for five minutes - maybe ten, I have no perception of time while I am there - on her head and then she falls asleep: deeply, like she could find anytime this resort, this hidden place she is the only one who knows where, that absorbs and relaxes the whole of her...the teachers say: "You´ll be a good father, etc..." with this typical female tone - no negative accent -...I do not agree...

On Wednesday a girl had some high fever and she went back home earlier, on Thursday three babies had high fever and left sooner: on Friday Marco(!) - who had asked and got a day of holyday, because a friend came to visit him - got the fever...and he had to work in the evening...
So I spend the weekend home: watching movies - the offer of my flat-mate is depressing - and sleeping...
I am going to play some music with my friend today: I´ll find myself playing something for you, for sure.

No comments: