A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Turkey 1.0


I write from my huge apartment in Neukölln, Berlin, Europe and wear a jacket because though sunny, it is already fall, no matter how you put it...

On the 6th I left Greece and went to Turkey, where I spent three amazing days...went to Efes, at the archeological sites...since I know this girl who works there, we could be there already at seven in the morning, we had breakfast there and enjoyed the rising up warm turkish sun...amazing!
I talked with this super cool turk who works with restoration since decades...so interesting...I saw once fresco in a cave, which is probably the first paint of Saint Paul in Christian history...WHat I did not know is that all that we see in Efes nowadays comes form the third century AD, means full on Roman times! Did not know at all....always thought it was a greek archeological site...

That part of Turkey has been an astonishing discovery and the people I met where so nice and friendly...after all those days of loneliness in Greece it is been a perfect comeback to normal life...

Kusadasi and all these super touristic places are so hugly...like a millions of places alike...closed up in a resort, drinking beer from your country and eating fried chips and ketchup...while some cheap dance music plays...I am shivering...

Food, light, colors, sounds (it was Ramadan time), faces and cats ( oh my god the cats, the 5 or 6 that jumped on my legs spontaneously and all the rest....)of this small Selcuk and neighbourhood (all that I managed to see in two days) have been a gift. Amazing.

I have told only to one person that I am back since yesterday...but I guess today Ill have a walk and enjoy company of this beautiful though crazy city...

No comments: