A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Greece 4.0

From Yesterday:

I managed to lose a lot of stuff in these first ten days. Fortunately I also managed to get most of the things back.
Lost and (re)found: phone, sunglasses, hat, a book.
Lost: hat, ten euros, a towel, a pencil (my favourite one, damned!).

Those losses happened mostly in the first days...not used to be a traveller on the road anymore, apparently...
I left the phone at a public telephone in Samos for thirty minutes...the woman working in the car-renting agency in front of it saw that at once...it took much longer than her (half an hour?) to realize I had lost a brand new and expensive finnish phone...
Hats are not for me, that is the only clear message I got from all this losing and finding thing...

I dream of her three times a week since I am here...or at least I remember three times a week that I do....sleeping longer and deeper has also this unpleasant though unavoidable side effect...
...hugging me in Venice in my room because she wants to wake me up, driving her own green car and discussing with me, walking with me and her new young, dumb and stinky (seldom I also perceive smells in my dreams...) boyfriend while a complicated and irrational dreamy spy story takes place...plus some other situations...
Last night I woke up at five in such a bad mood because of this last dream (the spy story one) and I wondered once more what the hell is wrong with me...I think I try my best not to think about it...no way...
The dream thing has the power to make my mood so bad for half a day at least...damned how would I have broken a couple of chairs this morning!

Now that I read till the end "Mother Night" by K. Vonnegut, read about anti-Semitism in Tsarist and Soviet Russia, drank coffees and laid in the sun, swam like a crazy guy for twenty minutes and had a normal chat with another Janni, I feel ok...
I think I am going to the only club of the island tonight...I guess for two main reason:
1. need to be looked at by women because my narcisism misses the eye-flirt thing a bit after all these days by myself;
2. curiosity to see how tacky a club in an island with 800 inhabitants can be.

No comments: