A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Monday, September 22, 2008

Berlin beim Untergang

I have been working almost 12 hours but nevertheless I did not "produce" anything special today...the nice thing is that I spent the dinner with some students from Eastern Europe, that is something I always like so much...


Around 7.40 p.m. I was on top of the Reichstag ...the view is amazing, the city I live in is very charming by night...and I felt so lonely somehow...the students I was bringing around were taking pictures, having fun and were so excited to be there...I was so moved by the atmosphere over there...on top of the dom...and I realized how lonely you can feel even if beauty surrounds you all over the place, sometimes even more becuase of that...should I have called somebody? I did not find anybody I really felt like sharing this feeling with...maybe because of the feeling, maybe because of my adress book...

I am finally home, I needed a drink so badly and I am having it listening some old stuff by Micah P. Hinson...tomorrow is going to be the same as today...but at least I am not going on top of the Reichstag by doom...

Cheers

1 comment:

jessi.verca said...

Hi Marco,
yes, we were really excited, because there is no city like Berlin and there is no better place for political scientists than on the top of the Reichstag, watching this amazing city by night and hoping it is not the last time we are there.

Take care, best wishes from the Central (NOT Eastern) Europe :-)

Vero