A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Monday, September 04, 2006

Was ist Kultur?

This was the question they posed us today...
Yesterday I went to Buchenwald and I i saw people smoking 50 meters from the Krematorium, people taking picture of their parents inside the Lager, people playing the prisoner game between the two sides of the cage that used to close off the world from that Hell...
I saw people moving the stones who are laid down in the ground next to a commemorative grave...
I never felt so fucking away from this world as in the five minutes during all these things happpen...I cried like it never happened to me before...and I could not stop weeping, I could not tell them anything, I could not even move from there...
I got so pessimistic but fortunately I did not feel alone...one of the wonderful persons organising this seminar was fortunately there and was so helpful to me....
I think we are really losing our souls...and at the same time we think that our culture is not (mostly or only?) a language or the sleeping times, cooking or flirting...
But it seems to be a very unpopular way of thinking...
I miss my friends and my parents so much today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

biiiiiiiig kiss!
write u soon!
miss u!

Anonymous said...

un abbraccio forte forte