A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May the First

We went back home at seven thirty on monday morning...I had been working on sunday till two...after that I joined my friends in another place because our friend was actually playing his lps...it was fun!
The problems obvoiusly rose when I had to wake up the day after, Monday, May the first...we had a meeting at three in the afternoon and even if I could not sleep that long , I had no feel to move from my house for the next 2000 hours...
But then I went out and I had my first experience in a German Theather. The play was about love, rules and something else...a sort of musical though, really well done. The costumes and the lights fit sooo well to the whole that I think I could enjoy it more than my German knowledge would have let me.
A girl told me that this theather we went to was Brecht´s own theather after the end of the 2 WW. Nice no? Then we played Fußball for a while...we actually beat the ass of the people from the other restaurant! 5-0!
The best had yet to come though...around seven we took a boat and we drank beer on the Spree, enjoyed all the new buildings from Mitte to the new main train station, lighted by a faint spring sun...such a thing is touristic for sure but, whatever, it gives you the feeling that this city bith has changed and still changes: it is such an intense feeling...
The party kept on in a restaurant where I had oysters for the fist time in my life: I loved them...taste so good in a very specific way...
OranienStrasse, a famous street in the heart of Kreuzberg, was our final destination: there were more cops than people, everybody was kind of waiting the police to react and the atmosphere was unpleasant...I cannot understand why but anyway it seems like people love to destroy the places where they live, on May the first...very clever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drowing....can´t make up a meaning for it...whatever it means, thank you for visiting my blog though!