A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Wednesday, November 05, 2008



It is a bit pretentious to talk all the time about the politics of a country I never visited...but I think it is also the right of informed people (or at least for those who want to be informed more than the average Idontgiveasheet citizen) to evaluate and express their opinion about political events in foreign countries...even more when decisions taken there, change in many ways the quality of everybody's life...

These last 8 years of American Federal Government seemed to have had elected the most provincial people to the most powerful posts, for the worse...as opposite to that, this last never-ending primaries and main elections, which lasted too long anyway, awoke my interests, encreased my knowledge of American social cleavages, issues, news report and geography as well...I am so relieved and truly happy to have B.Obama as President of the country that attracts me since ages but I never saw so far.

I am in Barcelona, listen to C. Evora and imagine that even if the roofs of Raval look exactly the same as yesterday, a small big day is taking place...
I will enjoy my coffee a bit more anytime soon then!

3 comments:

paul said...

we exhale a collective sigh of relief. i for one am overjoyed, cautiously but still overjoyed and relieved.

Unknown said...

I heard the noise of the sigh of relief...there was a small tremor all over barcelona some point at night...
eh eh

Anonymous said...

http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Watson_Institute/Open_Source/RadioOpenSource-Slavoj_Zizek.mp3