A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Greece 2.0

23rd August Samos
23.20 p.m.

I am in Samos but since this is both the name of the whole island and the name of one of ist villages, I have no idea how to locate myself...and it is really so...
I actually have a map of the harbour where i am staying, I know how to reach the place where I found a room and by the way I am writing this post from there...but since the names are all written in this alphabet I am not really familiar with yet, I have to take a bus tomorrow from here to get to the next harbour where the boat to Fourni is leaving from..

The voice of a child and of her grandfather are the only sounds in the air since I started writing...children voices...even when it is greek, it is so amazing and bringing me somewhere else...I am sitting on the balcony of my small apartment, the sea is probably 50 meters away with ist rocky beach and salty water...the child is talking with her grandpa...I even exchanged a greeting in greek with him when they arrived home 20 minutes ago...her voice has been the most wonderful thing that happened to me today, August the 23th of this fucking 2008...and she still talks and I thank myself to have brought me here....
I love kids´ voices in all the languages, both those that I know and those that I do not...so far but probably forever...I thought I could start having some of these cute smart animals soon...

I am leaving tomorrow, finally heading to the island I consider my personal krankenhaus...it is dangerous since I have never been there...but I did not find any better solution, after having been messing around with a dozen of girls and having been making new plans since december...

This language I do not understand sounds a relief when spoken by this small girl...

No comments: