A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Monday, May 19, 2008

Bemerkungen um ein langweiliges Leben

I smoked a cigarette this afternoon while working and met by chance an italian girl who is working in another Insitute, just in front of mine. She studied the same as I, in the same small and depressing city (ForlĂ­) but started three years and a half ago. Well, you know what happened, she asked me if she could use the informal language with me (in German you can either use the second singular person - informal - or the third plural - formal...in italian is something similar)...
Do I look so old? Serious I do look for sure...that is more a feeling than a anything else...anyway it has been really surprising...
Actually I have been talking with a couple of friends about my dark circles around the eyes on saturday night...apparently some people think already they are a sort of permanent feature of my look...that is probably true but kind of sad at the same time...
Is there a way to get rid of those? Is there a way to be 27 years old and not think that the best is somehow gone, at some point of somebody´s life that we are not actually able to remember?
It would be cool to be like the main character of this book I am reading: able to let his mind fly back and forth throughout his own life, having consciousness of what went first and what afterwards, but in the condition of flying back to some older moments and consider them again...(by the way, the book is from Vonnegut and I am not sure this character looks really "normal"...enough of this).
The history of Riga and Charchow today, Peter the Great tomorrow...the only 2 new issues I am coping with so far...peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mr. b, ive been trying to reach you by phone recently, can you pls email me your digits when you have a minute? will try again soon by yahoo phone...

mmm i empathize with your 'bags', i carry mine as well..

p