A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A couple of thoughts and a playlist

1. We all read in the news how women are still victims of violence, and not just in Sudan rather than in Pakistan...
The more I spend time along with them, the more I realize how many suffer from some form of violence.
Out of the three women I have been truly in love with, two suffered from violence - and not because of me, obviously (!).
In both cases it has NOT just been a slap in the face...
The number of other girls/friends of mine that have been victims of violence is huge...I guess more than an handful, and the more I spend time with friends, the more I find out about new disgusting stories...
So while I was walking in Prenzlauer Berg at five in the morning, right after having heard about the next bad story, I asked myself why on earth it is like that....and could not come out with any explanation but that the percentage of male motherfuckers in this planet is pretty high...are women in some ways exaggerating? I would not think so...

2.EU is so a bad example on how an international organization should manage its foreign policy...whether this decision of free choice for the recognition of Kosova is a wise move or not, we will probably find out in a week...whether there may have been another viable option, I am not sure...but with Spain and Romania (the 2 countries representing a seventh of the EU population) refusing the recognition, while France and Germany do, does not sound good news at all for the incoming Common Foreign Policy of the "renewed" EU...

3. The conservative vicepresident of the European Commission, Mr. Frattini, has a plan to create a pretty selective system for letting people in the EU; he also pushes for a database of migrants coming to EU...in Germany people and newspapers discussed about the plan, critizising the intellectual basis of it too...I would say it is not the best side of the EU, this one which is coming out...and when it does come from a close friend of Mr. Berlusconi is even worse.


4.Barry Adamson - Oedipus Schmoedipus
Laury Hill - Ms Hill
Thom Yorke - Complete Eraser Remixes.
Baby Dee - Safe Inside the Day
Sixteen Horsepower - Olden
Sixteen Horsepower - Folklore

No comments: