A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Sunday, August 06, 2006

So here we are now

I have been working with the very young children the last week as well. There are new entries in the kindergarten and these new children, as already posted, are more complicated, obviously: new environment, missing their parents, crying a lot, and needing more attention. But after the first few days they got used and turned to be Ok, sweet and great.
The thing is that they are not used to that so they get tired very soon. On Wednesday I was with this C. and other 8 children in the garden (kind of stressing because it is not easy to look after 8 little mouses walking all the time: but it is fun). After twenty minutes she started to cry and there was no way to make her stop: too tired. So I said the teacher that I would have brought her upstairs in our rooms where the babies were. I embraced her - she suddenly stopped crying - and started to walk away from the garden. Suddenly all the kids followed me on the way to the doorstep, all of them: I had not called them or said: "Hey, sweethearts we go upstairs" though. It was like I had a small flute, a silent small German flute.... They trust me. I can play with them and at the same time they think I can protect them. And this feeling is awesome.
N., almost nine months old, learnt to walk last weekend: she walked to me last monday. She cried non-stop every time I went to the garden with the other .- and she could not - until Friday, when I brought her with me downstairs too: there she was peaceful and satisfied.
I am really enjoying the whole thing so far...I guess this is clear.

I have been working 39 hours in the last three days...a personal record I would say...but this weekend has been nice: my sister is here with a bunch of people from Barcelona.
On friday night the people at the restaurant moved from their tables to the bar because of the music I played: it was totally cool!
Then I went to a Karaoke bar with some other people until 6 in the morning...I think wé did a good job with Jealous guy by John Lennon and with Wish You Were Here...the rest was aweful...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what about singing "Azzurro" in german?
please, tell us!!!!!!!!!!!