A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New features on google maps

The street view is pretty amazing, but I checked it out only for N.Work and San Francisco. It is so cool, for real!
Another apllication from the new Ruler of this century (i.e. Google) is the Panoramio thingy. It is not so broadly developed yet, but I think the idea is fun.
I also tried to use the Igoogle stuff, but that is still kind of cheesy, I reckon.
Anyway, it is every day more and more clear - who has has not understood it yet? - how badly and consequentially Google wants to be the new Microsoft, a smarter and better Microsoft, an operating system working on-line all the time.
For me it is already difficult not to think about "Google" when I wonder what the Internet for me nowadays is. Without google, gnews, gmail, blogger and youtube I guess Internet would pretty suck for me. The only problem I see in the next future is that google will get too big, too powerful, a sort of unescapable medium to do our stuff on line; a no-other-option-available reality is not very intruiguing and looks depressing and scary. So far though, Google is just much cooler,

No comments: