A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Friday, June 01, 2007

Elliott Smith and the end of May...

I am here, listening "Miss Misery" and some other songs once more...it is so loud that the sound of his fingers sliding on the strings could be annoying...and maybe they are....
His music has amused for ages, since those days I really discovered him with Paul, in Brno, when the winter 2004-2005 was not gone yet...late, much later than I should have done...a cuple of yeras before that my ex-girlfriend had talked about him but I was not curious enough, probably, so when I heard the first couple of songs I was not so impressed.
Later his music turned to be a source of ever-changing feelings and emotions for myself...Elliott Smith is me writing my essay, sitting at the desk before finishing university, is being in love, being dismissed, being here and there, happy or sentimental, on the train or in a bus in Australia...
I would define his death one of the biggest losses that my "Education Sentimentale" has experienced.
They chose me for this Master...I am happy but already considering whether I should say yes or wait for the other one in German.
Take care you all, those who like Elliott Smith particularly...

No comments: