A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Saturday, March 03, 2007

March deserves a post as well.

Last wednesday I finished my experience as a volunteer in the kindergarten...those nine months have not been always wonderful, but the very most of the time I felt that I was so(ooooo) lucky to be there, enjoying the big and amazing findings that children experience every single day, when they are two years old.
I lived more than a third of their actual life with them: nine months out of 24 are a lot...
I know that J. does not sleep that long, that N. misses the mother a lot when he is not busy with some new games, that L. do not eat carrots and a thousands of other informations like these. I can recognize their voice, the way the cry and the way they scream.
I know that children - as the teacher I have been working with last week said to her colleague - are the most surpirising and amazing phenomenon that human beings can experience. That is something that probably every single person would say or at least agree upon; but the best is when you experience it in such a direct and sincere way.
There are children in that kindergarten that, unless only two years old, say my name when they are home with the parents. Some of them could call me 50 times a day while we were doing something together. It is something that makes your heart bigger, for sure.
I hope you do not find it cheesy. It is not cheesy, damn!
What you can also learn from such an experience is that some parents decide to have children for some reason but, after a while, they see their sons and daughters as they see sport or hobbies...if the parents are not in the mood, the child is a bit put in the background...and that is sad and made me angry, a lot.

Whatever...anyway on Wednesday I had my sort of Farewell Party,all the children of the kindergarten sang for me....I got flowers and presents, but nothing, nothing will be as good as what happened with my 14 children: they all came to me with one tulip in their hands, and said one after the other "Alles gute"...I was almost to cry, uau...I have to thank the teacher mostly...you know at this age children this organizing capabilities...
I kissed all of them though....
I left them while they were sleeping, did not feel say "tschüß" as a normal day...

Anyway this thing is gone. I am now looking for something new.
SO Ill be first of all back to my humid city for 5 days...
What else?
I finally managed to make my apartment look nicer...now I have some more pieces of furniture! And some will come soon!
My love is already in the other side of the world, I´ll join her in two weeks...It is so hard to wait a month being so apart from, but Skype and webcam techonology help a lot.
I am looking for an internship or a job. But it is not so easy...that is just challenging!
A big hug to all of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Alligator,
I was in such a haos during last month, that I didn`t manage to write or to chat with anyone...My job is getting more serious and I have more and more things to manage. But I like it, I love my students and I love my job. You saw how it is being a teacher to little children, but being a teacher to big "children" is very similar.You know about them lot of things and they become a part of your life as you are a part of theirs, too. On the other side, there are my studies and my MA thesis that I have to write this semester, and PhD. studies, that I have to prepare for, and Paris next week, and my friends will visit me in april and so much things that are comming and I`m looking forward to it, but so much things is hjappening that I have so little time to take a look at all of them...Everything is so fast going around me. In one way I like it, but in the other, I would like to make it slower and to enjoy in all these great moments more:)
This is a short report about me :) Hope to see you soon and I wish you all the luck and great time with everything in your life!
Kiss you, miss you!
PS Tonight I was in Livingstone and remembered that time when you were here:)

Unknown said...

yesterday I went to the hospital where a friend of mine works as pediatrician
I saw a tiny little lady who was born 45 minutes before
what a unbelivable perfection!
and what a big responsability to carry on with.

hay que ser valientes para ser padres!