A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Friday, March 16, 2007

Dubai International Airport

I am just waiting to be there since a couple of weeks...since she arrived there, that is the point.
I am not in Europe anymore, first time in my life. Not the last, hopefully. Do I look more German than a year ago? I have this feeling somehow...two stewards from Alitalia looked so Italian at the bar, one hour ago...I am writing from the funny and silently messy Dubai International Airport, a place where you could find people from all over the world (almost), running after Western clichés, trying to fill their luggages with them, more or less...is that enought if I say that the biggest restaurant in here is an Irish Pub...?
But since the wireless is for free and since I am alone I am having fun, somehow.
Take care you all.

Cool that you live there, Lee!!! Any tip about stuff that we should do in the five days we will spend there?
A big kiss to everybody.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Aligator,
wish zou best time there and expecting at least few photos from that part of world:-)
Kiss

Anonymous said...

hey marco,
Just came back from france where I went on my very first skiing trip ever... I must say I can manage going of the mountain without breaking anything.. You where asking about tips for australia?? i have no clue if you have already left, but I would advise staying of the tourist track and try to do a lot of walking/ biking/ diving> outdoor stuff. If you are around sydney, try go to the blue mountains, chill on bondi beach, try visit the Bangarra Dance Theatre, and stroll around china town at night hand in hand with your lover...whooo all those memories of my time there ...have fun! xx lee