A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Sunday, December 17, 2006

There are moments when you feel like not having choice....there are moments when you feel like that you shouldn´t make any, rather wait and be a more patient with the things happening all around you...
There are moments when you know you should just consider that there is no third option, keep it cool and let the angryness and the frustration away...
There will be moments when I ll just enjoy the patience, probably...

People told me lately, and in different ways, that I am not so patient....I think I see a point on that...I think as well that I get less patient with somebody when I have the feeling that I have been misunderstood...
On the other side I do think as well that I am not such an easy person to understand: I am not easy for myself as well, I guess....

Anyway the time goes by really fast, I did not manage to do all the things that I had planned for these three months....but I found a flat, just next to my house, so it is gonna be easy to move out the staff from one place to the other...
I was in Holland to visit Michel, a good friend...went back to The Hague after seven years...my memories were so confused, really impressive how few I could remember...but I had the feeling that I had already been walking in front of the small Parliament´s lake, before I could actually remember it....I felt my mind just jumped to that evening of seven years ago but did not tell me that it wanted to move back there...it is probably similar to the feeling you have when you remember a dream months after...you fee like your mind is communicating with you through feelings... you remember in a sort of neither verbal, nor figural way...
There is still something I did not understand about Holland though: it is a very developed and organized country, where people seem to be pratical on one side and able to enjoy life on the other....what I did not clear with myself yet is if I would be able to live over there....it is not an answer that I should get soon, it is more a question mark Ill try to solve...

Ana, I ll try my best to come to visit you before Xmas, but it sounds difficult, my organization needs some help: a group of students from Sardiny is coming to Berlin for a week, and since they do not talk any German and any English, Ill probably get big headaches trying to translate stuff to them...
But I promise Ill do my best...
Ill be in Venice from the 22nd to the 30th this month....so if you know somebody who is interested to have holydays in Beriln for Xmas, there is an apartement in Kreuzberg waiting for him, her, them....I would not ask for a lot of money, though...It would be cheaper than any other accomodation you could get in there for that period....and the apartement is in a very nice neighbourhood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admit sometimes your inpatient isn’t easy, it can be interpreted like you don’t care or interested to listen. But than, most of the times, I feel your inpatient comes from a beautiful place of loving and caring. Basically, you become inpatient thinking how someone you care and love is willing to suffer so much crap from someone else and not do anything about it. Then, your tones are changing and becoming lauder and your hands moving more in the air.
Personally, I think (most of the times J ) it’s really a special way to show how much you care...and besides, it’s part of your charm...