A personal recount of a life within Berlin, Venice and the EU

Monday, December 25, 2006

Back in Venice

Where is the Xmas atmosphere? I am probably not sensible to it this year, but on the other side it seems that this city is losing its soul, and it is doing it very fast. It does not seem that it is such a big deal for the people who live in here, by the way...and that is probably the saddest aspect of this development...not such a big news though...
Once more I feel farther and farther away from this city....it is not a good feeling: you feel like you cannot live anymore in the place where you are born.
It is still charming, still beautiful, still the most amazing challenge to Nature that I know, so far : building up a city on the water...but I feel as a stranger, everytime more, and that makes me feel sad...so deeply sad.
I was Santa Claus tonight: I dressed up for a four years old child who, lucky her, still believes in him...I envied her somehow: still having this excitement for such a wonderful moment of the year is something that I would like to enjoy once more...I guess it has been the best present I did this year: mostly because she was not supposed to say "thank you" to me: I did it just to let her fantasy go further, one more year dreaming about the magic of life...that is cool.

My dear blog-readers: I was thinking about making a top-five concerning the things I want to emprove about myself for the next year: would you please think about them for you as well, and post them on the blog, please? There is a bigger and bigger luck of feed-back for this blog...sometimes I think about I should write much more, sometimes I think I should not write anymore...it is getting boring without feed-back. Can you understand that?

By the way, my dear, I wish to all of you a peaceful, peaceful, peaceful 25th of December 2006. Hug you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aligator-Santa Claus,
this what u did for a little girl is realy fabulous!!!But, that`s you:-)I`m not surprised:-)
So, about hometown - understand u in every feeling...u know what I mean...Sometimes I feel like I don`t have hometown anymore...But, it`s Xmas and still deep in my soul I believe that some Santa Clauses are somewhere in the far away countries and that they will arange everything in next year to be better:-)If not so, few people are always present to make my world better (at least I hope so)...
Have a nice day and enjoy Christmas!Marry Christmas and lot of love to u!
PS About top 5, you`ll get it till the end of year, I have to think about it:-)And still my Christmas is in 2 weeks:-)Kiss!

Anonymous said...

Ahoj!!
As Ana I didn´t think jet in the top 5, or maybe I think so much, and i can not say only 5 things. But the matter is about hometown, for me it happens something like both of you, the more time I spend in other place I am more loose, and I really dont know where is my place, by the other hand, each time I came back here I like it more, but not to live here, may be I like only to take the essence of my town, and go away with it, bffff, I think i am gonna sleep.
dobro noc, et joyeux noel!!